< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: Spitzer!

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Spitzer!

There you are you rascal. Now I've got you. Where was this suit during the campaign? Might have helped with the whole "tort reform" madness. I, for one, have long been of the opinion that personal injury lawyers are merely an excuse for insurance companies to line their pockets. In fact, I know that's the case. Some of our largest investors are the very best global insurance companies. Since I deliver them a pretty good return, they often speak freely around me. They say the reason for the run-up in rates is threefold: A) stupid growth funds with bad equity investors,B) a market with a lot of steam let out and C) greed. I believe them. PI attorneys aren't exactly a tasteful bunch, not the type you'd like to see at your yacht club, nor would you really want your daughter to marry one. But the insurance companies need to feel a little fire now too. My guess is, if Spitzer pushes hard enough (and that is a topic worthy of a separate post at some point) he'll find all sorts of misconduct which will take the paint off the walls at the old Enron HQ.

UPDATE: I have a tip for ol' Eliot if he's listening. Look at the discrepancies in oil reports over the last five months. Particularly distillates and crude supplies. Then look at production analysis figures from the majors. You'll see something that is, shall we say, ve-ry in-ta-rest-ing!