< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: The War Against Terror

Friday, August 19, 2005

The War Against Terror

Over the last year, I've heard two fairly well educated, fairly level headed fund managers say the following:
Our war against terror is their war against oil.
I've also been visiting John Robb's site as he chronicles this. Today's latest puts me over the edge (he gives you the choice quote here). Assuming I can count myself in the class of those well educated and level headed fund managers, I will be the third such person to say this:
Our war against terror is their war against oil.
Figuratively and literally. Federalist, I believe, is right, America is unprepared to fight a war which is essentially a war to protect a commodity. Of course, I just started re-reading a little Gibbon, so perhaps I'm predisposed at the moment.