< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: Apropos Indictments

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Apropos Indictments

An Amendment Nine reader, and longtime friend, reminded me of the seriousness of what the Bush Administration did. Like Wilderwood, he focused attention on the court's ruling. He also reminded me of this quote from Larry Johnson.
I say this as a registered Republican. I'm on record giving contributions to the George Bush campaign. This is not about partisan politics. This is about a betrayal, a political smear of an individual with no relevance to the story. Publishing her name in that story added nothing to it.
I'm struck that Novak's revelation on CNN of the name of the company where Plame worked also added nothing to the story, and was after the fact. Hat tip reader JJ.