< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: National Commercial Rollout: “It’s about time.”

Thursday, September 30, 2004

National Commercial Rollout: “It’s about time.”

[Man in flannel shirt walking through autumn park. ]

“9/11 changed all of us. Those firefighters in the south tower where I worked saved my life, and by giving me that greatest gift, I’m a changed man." [Wife hugs man, pan to kids playing ahead.] “Ever since I escaped the World Trade Center, less than an hour before that tower collapsed, I’ve done everything I can to make sure I have the time I need for my family.”

“Time to watch them play ball.
“Time to help them with school.
“Time to take care of them and watch them grow.
“I love my family, and I know that every moment with them is precious.
“As a son, a husband, and a father, my time with my family is worth more to me than any job, any salary, or any price…

[Narrator reads below while man and family walk to church]

“America’s families make America strong. Our soldiers, our leaders, those that serve us, and those whom we serve, they all come from our families. Isn’t it time we gave back to those who give us everything? Call your Congressman, and tell him or her, it’s about time.”

Then the below is read, quickly – with a title on the screen:

Time for America Worker Rights Bill

“The Time for America worker rights bill helps our families ensure they have the time they need to take care of their loved ones, raise their kids, and continue to do the good they already perform in their community, their places of worship and their homes. And since it rewards companies who participate in the program, it makes good sense. It isn’t about taxes, it isn’t about spending, it is about time. Isn’t it Time for America, again?”
“Paid for by the Democratic Party.”

Back to main Time Relief page.