< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: Ever Heard the Expression

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ever Heard the Expression

No duh? I remember when I first learned it. I think I was about 8 or 9. And I'm pretty sure that any self-respecting 8 or 9 year-old could have told you, a couple of days before the election, what Chris Bowers, analyzing the latest compilation of exit polls, has come up with.
I believe Kerry's poor showing among undecideds was connected to his unfavorables, which by the end of the campaign had actually surpassed Bush's according to many organizations.
Is anyone besides me just a little unimpressed with such "revelation"? If liberal bloggers are just now figuring out that the attacks on Kerry and his lack of a coordinated, strong response, helped to lose the election for him, one wonders just how "with it" these guys really are?

What seems more interesting is how these gods of polling on the hard left so easily missed the true damage done by the Swift Boats, and how they failed to mount anything other than a brush fire response. If we can get that fixed for next time, we'd have done some work. Unfortunately though, I think more of them are interested in blaming Kerry than improving themselves.