< meta name="DC.Date.Valid.End" content="20050825"> Amendment Nine: Anheuser-Busch

Monday, February 07, 2005

Anheuser-Busch

Did anyone see the Anheuser-Busch ad last night with the troops walking through an airport terminal and everyone clapping for them? Was anyone besides me a little offended at that? I don't know, call me old fashioned, but it seemed like Anheuser-Busch hurt themselves, rather than helped themselves with that ad.

Also, speaking of commercials, how about the Miller Lite take down of the new Budweiser Select? I didn't see the Budweiser Select commercial until after I saw TWO Miller Lite attack ads... effective? You bet. As soon as I saw the Bud Select ad, I wondered without even realizing it, "why do they need a better tasting bud light?" To those ad guys at Miller who dreamed this one up, this Bud's for you!